Thursday, April 26, 2012

Sweet Potato Banana Recovery Shake

Since I have become full Paleo I have not been able to take any post Recovery shakes.  I used to do Progenex and realized that it gave me severe cramping and upset stomach.  When I pulled it out I felt like I needed something to replace that.  I have experimented with a few different things, and realized that it is difficult for me to choke down real food especially after a CrossFit workout.  So I thought I would throw together a combo that would help me recover, be a small meal and be easy to swallow. 
Sweet Potatoes have a high Glycemic Index, Coconut water has electrolytes, bananas have potassium, and good fat from coconut milk helps to replenish fat used for fuel and keep metabolism going.   This has been my perfect Recovery drink a few days a week. 

Ingredients 
Serves 2 
1 Sweet Potato
1 Banana
1 Can full fat coconut milk
1 small bottle of taste Nirvana  Coconut water
or  3/4 can of C2O
2 cups of Ice
1 cup water
1/2 tsp Vanilla (optional)
2 tbs MeeNut Butter ( any Nut butter will do)
I have also made my own nut butter to go in.


Directions
Put into a Blender and Serve for a delicious treat!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment