Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Power of Belief



  I needed a little inspiration today I am not going to lie.  I felt truly defeated today by my one CrossFit Vice HSPU.  You have no idea how much I hate them, and how much of a mind f&*$ they are for me.  I cannot even tell you how many times I have done them in wods in the gym with no plates .  The moment I find out they are in a competition my heart sinks a bit and I feel nauseated.  In not one but two competitions I have completely failed with my hands on plates.  I really don't understand how it makes the difference for me other than in my head.  It is mentally defeating and there is no belief I CAN do them.  I find out that at Regionals this time around there is no plates.  I should be freaking ecstatic, but instead I doubt myself and stress myself out so much that I have been failing at them in wods.  I mean REALLY WTF!!! After sitting at the wall in with exhaustion and tears running down my face because I felt like such a failure, and then getting so frustrated that I stood up and threw my smart water against the wall so hard that it exploded everywhere. I realized in my ridiculousness how much your mind can make things happen.   I mean really I could do them before just not on plates and now I can barely push myself up, that doesn't even make sense.  It is all in my head creating a mental block.   I think about all those amazing Athletes that I know are so determined and confident in themselves that they can make anything happen.  I guess It really is true that if you believe you can achieve.  I share this with you because I know that I am not the only person that is my own worst enemy.  My own mind allows me to think that I lack the confidence and ability to accomplish my goals.  I looked up the below quotes and thought I would share because they re-inspired me how much power lies behind belief.
  1. Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” (Gail Devers) 
  2.  “For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” (Stuart Chase)
  3. “One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying.” (Joan of Arc)
  4. “If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” (Mahatma Ghandi)
  5. “The outer conditions of a person's life will always be found to reflect their inner beliefs.” (James Allen)
  6. “Miracles happen to those who believe in them.” (Bernared Berenson)

No comments:

Post a Comment