Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pumpkin Chili

This Recipe is great when it's cold outside or just if you want some comfort food.  I decided to make my own version of Pumpkin Chili.    I am the queen of throwing random things together so I tried this  in the crockpot and it turned out well I think.  It was super easy I cooked over night on low because that is all I had time for. Quick Easy and Comforting for sure!!

Ingredients
1 Pkg Organic Trader Joe's Extra Lean Ground Turkey
1  Pkg Trader Joe's Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage(take casing off, and slice into pieces)
1 14oz Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1 14oz Can diced Tomatoes
1 14oz Organic Pumpkin
1 Jar Fire Roasted Red and yellow Pepper chopped (drain juice)
1 Diced Sweet yellow onion
1 Tbs Cumin
1 Tbs Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Tsp Garam Marsala
less than Tbs Garlic Powder 
less than Tbs Chili Powder
Sea Salt to taste
For Spicy Flavor add Cayenne Red Pepper


Directions

In Crock Pot combine all ingredients and cook for 4-6 hours or cook on low overnight as I did. You can serve plain or over spaghetti squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment