Thursday, April 26, 2012

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger....

This phrase is the inspiration for my writing today.  I have to keep repeating this to myself over and over recently.  "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."  I feel like in the last few weeks I have had so many obstacles thrown in front of me with my work situation, my love life, and with my training and nutrition.  Can honestly say there have been a few times even this week that I did not know how I was going to get through both emotionally and physically.  Pardon me for saying this, but when shit hit the fan about two months ago and I basically had the rug pulled from underneath me;  Someone told me that how I got through it would define my character.  At the time I remember thinking to myself are you F*&cking kidding me.  I thought that I was starting from Ground zero, I lost my job, my best friend, the person I loved, respect, and happiness.  I was so angry the first few days.  That it took me a little bit of time and a lot of tears to realize that if I could pull myself back up, how much stronger I would be.  I became determined to put the past in the past and try to start over and redefine myself as a person.   We are put through struggles and obstacles everyday so that we can teach ourselves how to overcome them and grow as human beings. 

Through all of this I became determined to crush the open CrossFit wods and focus on training hard and making myself feel good again.  In years past I would have chosen to deal with my issues a little differently.  It is no secret that I used to have an eating disorder.  It used to be my way of coping with stress and hardships.  For the first time ever of being so low I didn't turn to my old ways and was not even tempted to do so.   Now two months later in looking back at how bad I felt just a short while back I am able to see how much stronger I have become.  I was able to find a new job, a new support system, realize that certain people were not who I thought they were, and manage to make regionals.  In reflecting on all of this, it made me see that had certain huge obstacles been thrown into my path I would not be where I am now and have the realizations that I have had.  I have Faith now that everything happens for a reason, and what seems that it may kill you will only make you stronger.  We are all human and go through suffering everyday.  I decided to share my feelings and hope and give the reassurance that even though things may seem as though they may "destroy you"  we will get through them with more tools in our tool chest for next time. 

I am about to Face Regionals in the next few weeks.  There are three really defeating movements for me in the WODS,  If I can get through them believing I am strong, and knowing that I am ore than capable.  I feel like this is the first competition that I am going into with the right mindset and inner strength to know that I can overcome my fears.  It constantly validates the phrase what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!!

2 comments:

  1. It's like we are on the same wavelength! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://3before30.com/blog/2012/04/11/hawmc-day-11-theme-song/

      Delete